Thursday, January 26, 2012

What is Normal?



      Well, after being on the medicines that helped me deal with the pain from the the detereorating condition that caused my knees to age at an advanced rate and collapse, I am now getting back to feeling normal.  I now have two titanium knees, which I received last year. The first on May 5th, and the second on November 15th. The medicines that helped me to function somewhat normal, also came with the nasty effects of withdrawal symptoms from those pain killers.  This caused me to ask myself the question, if I am feeling normal again, what is "normal and, is it good to be "normal, " and do I really want to be normal?

     Deuteronomy 14:2, 1 Peter 2:9, and also Titus 2:14, gives me a clue as to the answer of my question.  Listen to God in Deuteronomy and then read the rest of these scriptures for yourself. "For you are a holy people belonging to the Lord your God. The Lord has chosen you to be His special people out of all the peoples on the face of the earth."

    The word read in many translations as "Peculiar" is interpreted in the Greek as special. That is something that God has said about you and I, we didn't choose it for ourselves.  This also removes from us the option of being normal, or ordinary. Now this can all get confusing if we aren't careful.  Normal is often what society says and defines as "Normal," and this can't be trusted as a safe guideline, and then there is the other standard, "just going back to being me," and what I think is normal.

     Well, if we go back to being ourselves, then we start a journey back to what God saved us from.  Now that leaves us only one safe shelter to return to from all of our journey's in life, and that's back to being that special person that God Himself called you to be.  You aren't to be normal, and God has already accepted the "ME" that you and I are, and now we continue on as His Special People, on a very special journey, to a wonderfully special place...with Jesus, He, Christ is the true picture of who we need to be...
Be Filled With His Blessings
In His Grip
Pastor William

 "Human beings, all over the earth, have this curious idea that they ought to behave in a certain way, and can't really get rid of it."
C.S. Lewis
The Case for Christianity




      

No comments:

Pastor William

My photo
Gainesville, Fl, United States
Pray for God to move greatly in "Journey of The Word Church".