Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Doubt????

Mark 6: 4-6 -  Then Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown, among his relatives, and in his household."  So He was not able to do any miracles there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them and He was amazed at their unbelief. Now He was going around the villages in a circuit, teaching.

After pondering over this subject, which I think you would agree is a common problem for all Christians, the Spirit began to speak to me about what it is that causes me to slump in this department, my problem is the same problem that prevented the citizens of Nazareth from seeing Jesus, it was what they already "knew."  

Paul warns us about this in Phillippians Ch 3:3 For we are the circumcision, the ones who serve by the Spirit of God, boast in Christ Jesus, and do not put confidence in the flesh. The citizens of Nazareth certainly could not see past the flesh could they.  In fact we shouldn't be to quick to judge them, after all, this is the crowd that Jesus grew up around, the ones that were familiar with His family, you know they "knew" who He was in the flesh.

The old saying that goes something like this is so true, we really don't grasp the full meaning of it most of the time, " it is hard to fill a cup that is full."  So our problem is solved when we empty the cup of the flesh that it knows so well, and fill it with the Spirit of God who will help us past these "huge" problems that hinder our flesh from recognizing who God is in our lives, just as it hindered the people of Nazareth.

Is it easy, no not by any means, but that is why we are told in God's Word that without faith it is impossible to please God, for it is through faith in Him that we truly see who He is.   We cannot shrink back at the harder things, they are there to make us better, we are really to do the opposite, we are to "boast" of what Jesus can do in us and place all that we are in His Hands.  A big task for us all, but we have a big God...

In His Grip
Pastor William


Doubting
“I think the trouble with me is lack of faith. I have no rational ground for going back on the arguments that convinced me of God’s existence: but the irrational deadweight of my old sceptical habits, and the spirit of this age, and the cares of the day, steal away all my lively feeling of the truth, and often when I pray I wonder if I am not posting letters to a non-existent address. Mind you I don’t think so–the whole of my reasonable mind is convinced: but I often feel so.”

C.S Lewis

No comments:

Pastor William

My photo
Gainesville, Fl, United States
Pray for God to move greatly in "Journey of The Word Church".