Friday, December 5, 2008

The Second Act

We live between two worlds; we soar in the atmosphere; we creep upon the soil; we have the aspirations of creators and the propensities of quadrupeds. There can be but one explanation of this fact. We are passing from the animal into a higher form, and the drama of this planet is in its second act.
Winwood W. Reade (1838-1875, American writer)

2 Cor 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. NASU

Winwood Reade, was an atheist and so called philosopher, who tried to understand the world in his own way. He came close, but he missed the boat, there will be no second act for him. If he had but tried Christ all of those feelings could have come together for him.

After listening to a lecture on evolution by a science professor, a student wrote a poem and titled it "The Amazing Professor." The poem read: Once I was a tadpole when I began to begin. Then I was a frog with my tail tucked in. Next I was a monkey on a coconut tree. Now I am a doctor with a Ph.D.

The philosophy of C. S. Lewis was that the reason that we don’t quite fit into this world is that we were designed for another. I tend to agree. I think when I want to understand who I am now, as a saved and loved Child of God, I will look above me and not around me, how about you…God Bless.
Pastor William

No comments:

Pastor William

My photo
Gainesville, Fl, United States
Pray for God to move greatly in "Journey of The Word Church".